Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting ready for student teaching

Student teaching begins January 7th - I'll be at a middle school for 7 weeks and then an elementary school for 7 weeks.  I'm so excited! Since I know it will go by quickly, organization will be key.

After admiring some other binder planners I've seen online, I set out to make my own. I used powerpoint, switched the page format, and used tables to make just about every page. Here are some highlights.
In the front I put a zip case to hold pens and such. Behind it will go the bell schedule.


 This is the monthly view.

 This is the weekly tab. Each month starts with this.

 
Then I have this for each week. I have it set up for both the middle school and high school, and I also printed blank ones for general unit planning.



Not pictured - a tab for standards and curriculum, a tab for lesson plans (I created my own template based on UBD and university requirements.) I also have a tab for student info when I get it, parent contact, meeting notes, and I put a notebook in the ect. tab. 

I'm really excited, and I can't wait to use this. I think I'll use it in the future when I get my first job too!

No comments:

Post a Comment